As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
If you are assuming that a baby pees and poop like an adult, then you are entirely wrong. They may require peeing around six to eight times a day. On the other hand, they can poop approximately four to six times a day. The numbers can also vary on a large scale depending on the physical condition of the baby. That means you will require a lot of diapers to maintain the baby in this period.
One of the most common confusion amongst the new parent is about the diapers. As they have no prior idea about this thing, they often feel hesitant about the quantity, size, price, etc. stuff. It is always important to store the number of diapers to use whenever it is required.
In our today’s writing, we will try to answer how many diapers does a baby use in a year. More so, we will give you some tips that will help you to be efficient when it comes to purchasing the diapers and storing them.
How Many Diapers Needed in the First Year
The kid will require the most number of diapers in the first year. The quantity and the size of the diapers generally depend on baby weight. Typically, larger babies need bigger diapers. The average weight of the newborn is around 5.5 pounds to 8.8 pounds in the United States. As per some sources, the baby will require around 2500 diapers in the first year. In this period, the size one diapers will be suitable for the kid.
In the first six weeks of the kids, he will require around ten diapers per day and 70 diapers per week. He will need around 420 diapers at this time. As he grows, the diapers in seven weeks to sixteen weeks will vary about seven to ten. He will require fifty to seventy diapers and a total number of 637 diapers. In this time, the size 2 of the diaper will suit him best.
The quantity of the required diaper will lessen within 17 to 30 weeks. He will need around 5 to 7 diapers in the meantime with a week amount of 35 to 50 diapers. The baby will require around 595 diapers in the meantime. In the week 31 to 1 year, the kid will require around five diapers per day with weekly 35 and total 805. The baby will need the size three diapers at this time.
Number of Diapers after One Year
If the one year baby is sleeping in the night on a single diaper and if you generally change the diapers within every three hours, then the baby will require around four to five diapers every day. That means he will need 28 to 35 diapers per week. It doesn’t matter which size of the diaper the kid is wearing; the number will vary on this scale. The baby will require around 15,00 to 18,00 diapers in this period.
The number of diaper usage will slow down gradually as the kid will start potty training. Typically, most of the babies in the United States become potty trained within 35 months to 39 months of age.
A kid usually uses around 7000 diapers in his babyhood before they become potty trained. However, the numbers depend on a lot of factors. So, the total number of diaper usage for the baby may be more or less depending on the element.
Stats for Cloth Diapers
The stats are different when it comes to cloth diapers. As the diapers are reusable by cleaning, you will generally require a small number of diapers. Here, the amount will mainly depend on how often you want to do laundry. If you’re going to go for a wash less, then you will require more diapers. For the first month of the baby, you can stockpile around 20 diapers. More than that is not necessary as the diapers may not fit the baby after a while.
As per the Diapers Junction, you may need around 18 to 24 cloth diapers in the first eighteen months of the baby. Then, you will require keeping around 12 diapers, as the little one may require less quantity and may start potty training.
Tips to Save Money on Diapers
Here are some tips that can assist you to be more efficient on the diapers:
- The newborn baby diapers can perfectly fit the baby, who is around 10 pounds. However, the baby may get up to three pounds of weight at the end of the first month. So, don’t buy a lot of newborn baby diapers. Generally, a giant pack that consists of 120 to 240 diapers should be enough for a baby.
- If you are going to buy diapers in bulk, then you should consider the baby’s growth rate. Try to go for the size of 1 and 2 as they fit around 12 to 28 pounds of the baby. If you have enough storage, then two jumbo packs of each size should be purchased.
- The gender of the babies also plays a vital role in the size of the diapers. The baby boys may need to move to the size one diaper when they are around four weeks old. And they need to move to size 2 when they are about four to five-month. It takes more time for the girl baby to touch the milestone.
- Diapers available both at boxes and bags. Parents often feel confused about which size they need to select. Generally, a bag of size 3 includes 27 pampers, and a box of same size diapers comes as 124 counts. So, you may order a bag of pampers to prevent over-purchasing.
- Some of the online sellers provide a discount on subscribe and save options. By doing so, you can save some bucks on diapers and get the diapers delivered in your gate before the supplies run out. Maybe if you have short storage, then you ought to consider buying from such sellers.
Hopefully, the above-given guidance will be effective for you to be efficient about baby diapers and pamper from now on.